The game is all about the roulette wheel and the numbers the ball will land on. Off course you’re not able to influence the ball, but with some strategy while playing, you certainly can increase your winning opportunities.
First start to make a choice between American or French roulette. In American roulette the numbers run from 0-38 and the game contains a double zero. French roulette differs in numbers who run from 0-36 and has only one zero number. Another difference is the house edge percentage; French roulette comes with an house edge of 2.7% while American roulette has a 5.26% house edge. The lower the house edge, the more advantage for the player; that’s why the French roulette is more popular.
When you are going to place your bets, there are 3 options;
- an inside or outside bet
- betting on an even or odd number
- betting on the red of black colour.
If all players have placed their bets, the croupier spins the wheel and drops the bullet. After the wheel stopped spinning, you can see if the bullet has landed on one or more of your placed bets.
For several years players tested divers algorithms while playing roulette. The strategies developed for playing roulette are based on this algorithms, so as a player you need to have a little knowledge about arithmetic’s. Besides that are focus and strategy knowledge the most important aspects to use a strategy while playing.
Overall there are 4 general game strategies developed throughout the years;
- Martingale; with this strategy you double your original bet if you’ve had a few losses and are on winning hand now. In best scenario, your doubled bet is high enough to compensate your earlier losses. If you win a round, your bet will be lowered back to the original amount.
- Reverse martingale; This strategy is high ranked and popular by players. It tells you to double your bet after every winning round. If you can you have the advantage of using the house money to place your bets wit. To achieve this, best is to place bets on groups of numbers in the same colour, or all even or odd numbers. This way you can make larger bets which helps you in maintaining your winner streaks.
- Fibonnaci; This is the safest strategy and most suitable for new players. In this strategy players use numbers in a specific sequence; every number after the first two is the sum of the two preceding ones. For example; 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 and so on. The strategy is used to compensate a percentage of earlier losses when the player wins a round. You can’t make more wins with this strategy, but the rules are easy to remember, so for beginners perfect to start with.
-D’Alembert; This is a negative progressive strategy. Every time you win a round, you reduce your bet a little. How much you reduce depends on the rate you’ve set for yourself at the beginning of the game. The wins are not very high but you’ll get fun wins against a minimal risk. This strategy is also a good strategy to use if you’re not yet an experienced player.
This real live roulette table games, both French and American are really fun and exciting games to play. Despite your playing behind a screen, you’ll still deceive yourself in a landed casino. The amazing ambiance, social interactions, dealer communication and off course the spinning wheel are all aspects contributing to the popularity of this game for regulars and new players.
New players can learn the game and strategies by playing virtual bankrolls offered by some casinos. If you’re a beginner and want to play the real game, start with experiencing the French or European table first. The regulars who are up to a little bit more excitement can participate in the American variant of online roulette. Start now and enjoy yourself with one of our many eurocasino roulette games!